Man due in court accused of assaulting police officers in Clevedon
- Credit: Archant
A police officer required hospital treatment and one was subjected to homophobic abuse during an incident in Clevedon.
A 33-year-old man has been charged with aggravated assault after two police officers were assaulted and one was subjected to homophobic abuse during an incident at just after 1.30pm on Wednesday (December 29).
Ronald Burton, of Clevedon, has been charged with offences including aggravated actual bodily harm, assault of an emergency worker and two counts of criminal damage, and is due to appear before North Somerset Magistrates’ Court today (December 31).
"The charges relate to an incident at a property in Clevedon at just after 1.30pm on Wednesday, in which two officers were assaulted and suffered facial injuries, with one of them subjected to homophobic abuse," said an Avon and Somerset Police spokesperson.
"A police vehicle was also damaged.
"One of the officers required hospital treatment for his injuries."
- 1 Burglars target 24 properties in North Somerset area
- 2 Police oppose 2am licence for new bar in Weston over links to criminals
- 3 PICTURES: More details of Weston's See Monster revealed
- 4 Man SPAT at shop staff in row over face mask
- 5 Court rules that Baytree School expansion can go ahead
- 6 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
- 7 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 8 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 9 Fire crews tackle chimney blaze
- 10 Thatchers is looking for new recruits to join cider business