Second man charged with attempted murder after Weston stabbing
- Credit: Archant
A SECOND man has appeared in court this morning (Thursday) charged with attempted murder after a stabbing in Weston at the weekend.
Robert Weatherman, aged 41, faced magistrates at North Somerset Courthouse following an incident near his home in Alfred Street on Sunday night.
Police were called at around 11pm to reports that a man had suffered serious injuries.
On arrival, officers found alleged victim Lou Walters with a number of stab wounds to the chest – and quick first aid applied by police is thought to have saved his life.
Yesterday, 18-year-old Kieran Brooks of Alfred Street was formally charged with attempted murder, and today Weatherman was arraigned on the same charge.
You may also want to watch:
Neither defendant has yet entered a plea in response to the charge, but both have been remanded in custody to appear at Bristol Crown Court on January 30.
Mr Walters remains in stable condition at Frenchay Hospital in Bristol.
- 1 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 2 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 3 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 4 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 5 Weston hospital doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 8 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 9 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery