Duo caught on CCTV stealing £17k are jailed
- Credit: Archant
Two Weston-super-Mare men who were caught on CCTV footage stealing more than £17,000 have been imprisoned.
Steve Dunn and Anwar Shah, both aged 39, appeared in Bristol Crown Court after pleading guilty to two counts of theft, including theft by employee for Dunn.
Post Office employee Dunn, of Dunster Crescent, enlisted the help of his friend Shah, of Drove Road, to steal £17,314.91 on March 13.
Dunn was working the evening shift and was due to be working the next morning but failed to show up for work.
The following morning a member of staff returned to the store and saw Dunn’s cash float was missing £4,744.19 and £12,570 was missing from the safe.
You may also want to watch:
CCTV clearly showed Dunn collecting and handing a bag of cash to Shah over the counter, locking up and leaving.
Dunn has been jailed for 12 months while Shah was handed a nine-month prison sentence.
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 3 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 6 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 7 Spot the scarecrows around Kewstoke and Sand Bay
- 8 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 9 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 10 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?