Teen pair in court over murder charge
- Credit: Archant
TWO teenagers are set to appear in court this morning (Weds) charged with the murder of a Weston man.
Ryan Sheppard, aged 18, and a 15-year-old girl who cannot be named for legal reasons, are both charged with murder, accused of killing Mark Roberts on October 12.
He was found injured in Baildon Road and died in hospital the following day.
The pair are appearing at Bristol Crown Court today for a pre-trial review.
A provisional trial date of April 7 has also been fixed should one or both of them submit formal not guilty pleas.
You may also want to watch:
Tributes from family and friends were paid to Mr Roberts in the wake of his death.
The 35-year-old’s fiancée Zara Powell told the Mercury he had been an ‘extremely good father figure’ to her two young children.
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 6 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 7 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 8 Tuk-tuks to provide tourist information service in Weston
- 9 Somerset votes for two unitaries instead of one by clear margin in poll
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced