Teenagers arrested after police find knives and cannabis in Worle
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers have been arrested in Worle for drug offences and possessing offensive weapons.
A 17-year-old and an 18-year-old were apprehended by Avon and Somerset police after they ran away from officers who were conducting patrols in the area.
Two knives and a significant quantity of cannabis were seized in the incident, which took place Tuesday July 6.
A spokesman for Avon and Somerset police said: “Two teenagers were arrested in Worle on suspicion of possessing class B drugs with intent to supply and possessing offensive weapons.
“A 17-year-old boy and an 18-year-old man were apprehended after they made off from officers conducting proactive patrols of the area.
“Two knives and a significant quantity of cannabis were also seized.
“Both have subsequently been released on bail while further enquiries take place.”
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 5 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 6 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 7 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 8 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 9 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 10 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks