Trio jailed for conspiring to deal in heroin and cocaine
- Credit: Archant
TWO men and a woman, who travelled across the country to deal drugs in Weston, have been jailed.
The offenders were sentenced at Bristol Crown Court on Thursday after pleading guilty to conspiracy to supply class A drugs.
Paul Winter, age 40, from London pleaded guilty to the conspiracy as well as attempting to pervert the course of justice, after he assaulted two police officers while trying to get rid of drugs.
In total, 40g of heroin - with a street value of around £1,900 - and 11g of cocaine worth between £520 and £1,000 were seized from a flat in Weston’s Royal Crescent.
Naomi Abodunrin, age 20, from London, was also sentenced to two-and-a-half years for the conspiracy.
You may also want to watch:
Winter and Abodunrin were both arrested on March 12. Winter was recalled to prison and Abodunrin was remanded in custody.
Matthew Horton, age 28, from Bath, was sentenced on the same day to four-and-a-half years for the conspiracy as well as dangerous driving, after he sped away from officers in Easton, Bristol, in March.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 8 Man charged with murder after woman dies 21 years after being set on fire
- 9 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
He was arrested after officers chased him on foot and later, 200g of crack cocaine with a street value of £10,000-20,000 was seized from a bedroom in the area.
Investigating officer PC Leon Brueford said: “Significantly, none of these people were actually from Weston, but they were dealing heroin and crack cocaine on our streets.
“Both Horton and Winter made every effort to escape or get rid of the drugs, which makes it all the more satisfying to see them sentenced.”
Anyone with information about people they suspect of dealing drugs should contact the targeting team on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.