Men in court over alleged homophobic attack
- Credit: Archant
Two North Somerset men, including one from Yatton, will stand trial later this year after being charged in relation to an alleged homophobic crime in Bristol city centre.
The pair have been accused of committing a hate crime after a man was beaten up, allegedly over his sexuality.
An Avon and Somerset Constabulary spokesman said the force was called to the incident in early May.
They added: “A 19-year-old man was attacked in Park Street in the early hours of May 7, suffering injuries to his face.
“Kyle Gibson, aged 22, of Binhay Road in Yatton, has been charged with assault.
You may also want to watch:
“Luke Sheppard, aged 22, of Downside Road in Backwell, has been charged with a public order offence, namely causing harassment, alarm or distress.”
A trial will be needed after the pair entered not guilty pleas at a hearing on July 20, held at Bristol Magistrates’ Court.
- 1 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 2 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 3 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 4 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 5 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 6 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 7 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 8 RNLI volunteer 'will be sorely missed'
- 9 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 10 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston