Two Weston men jailed for their part in gang robbery
TWO men from Weston have been sentenced for their part in an armed robbery in the town.
Alex Fillingham, 21, and James Fillingham, 23, both of Chesham Road North, appeared at Bristol Crown Court today (Fri) in relation to the robbery on a Mead Vale property on March 2 last year.
The incident occurred when a group of men, one armed with a shotgun, robbed a property and kidnapped a man.
One of the victims was held at a property in Bath before being freed by police.
Alex Fillingham was found guilty of conspiracy to rob and possession of a firearm and received a 14-year prison sentence.
You may also want to watch:
James Fillingham pleaded guilty to a single charge of assisting the offenders and received a 15-month jail sentence.
Jamie Viera, 24, of St David’s Crescent in Bristol and Leon Duncan, 25, of Chelsea Park in Easton were also found guilty of conspiracy to rob and possession of a firearm.
- 1 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 2 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 3 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 4 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 5 Weston hospital doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 8 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 9 Freedom Day: North Somerset responds to lockdown easing delay
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
They received sentences of 16 years and 14 years in prison respectfully.
Marissa Campbell, 23, of Norfolk Buildings in Bath was found guilty of false imprisonment and received a four year prison sentence.
Police Inspector Simon Wilstead said: “Combating firearms and knife crime remains an absolute priority for the staff of the Serious and Organised Crime Group and for Avon and Somerset Police.
“We can only achieve results such as this with the help of all our communities.
“I would like to thank the victims in this case for the bravery they showed in giving evidence.
“With their help and the combined efforts of the Criminal Justice System what we have seen today are some strong deterrent sentences handed out.”