Update: Man charged with weekend armed robbery named
THE 24-year-old who has been charged with the alleged robbery at Miss Millies at the weekend has been named.
Regular customer at the takeaway, Joe Hodosi, of Locking Road, has appeared at North Somerset Courthouse in St Georges this afternoon.
He was arrested following allegations an incident took place at Miss Millies in Locking Road at about 3.40am on Sunday, which is said to have involved a sawn-off shotgun.
He was also charged with criminal damage following his alleged conduct in a police cell afterwards.
Police say officers were called to reports of a robbery taking place at the takeaway and it is said a man had threatened staff with a gun before fleeing with cash.
You may also want to watch:
A man and a 19-year-old woman were arrested at 7am that day but the woman has since been released on police bail pending further inquiries.
About six police cars, armed police and dogs were deployed to Camden Terrace, near Miss Millies, at about 6pm yesterday after a warrant was executed on a home – in connection with the robbery.
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 4 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 5 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 6 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 7 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 8 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 9 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 10 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
Hodosi has been remanded in custody to appear at Bristol Crown Court on July 26.
KEEP an eye on this website for more updates.