Valeter cleared of murdering new wife
A WESTON valeter has been cleared of murdering his new wife.
A jury took just 88 minutes to find Daniel Lipski not guilty of killing Aleksandra following a two-week trial.
The 28-year-old, who was working for company Motor Valet, in Bridge Road, when he was arrested earlier this year, was also cleared of manslaughter after Mr Justice Lloyd Jones asked the jury to consider an alternative charge at Cardiff Crown Court.
Aleksandra, aged 27, was found dead in a pool of blood at the flat the couple shared in Newport, South Wales, in May 2008.
She suffered one fatal stab wound to the chest, close to her heart, and her discarded wedding ring was found under a table.
You may also want to watch:
The couple, who married in December 2007, two-and-a-half months after meeting, had earlier been out with her twin sister, Arga Kaczmarska, and her partner for a joint birthday celebration.
Mr Lipski, who moved to the UK from Poland in 2000, was alleged to have told a friend hours before his wife’s death he was fed up with her behaviour and intended leaving her.
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 4 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 5 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 6 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 7 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 8 Father's Day: Children's messages to their dads
- 9 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 10 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
But the manager, of The Hawthorn, Pentwyn, denied the killing and said he and his wife of five months had been trying for a baby.
He claims the wound was self-inflicted, and he only realised something was wrong when his wife had trouble breathing after they made love.
Mr Lispki said that at the time of her death the couple had been married five months and loved each other.
Aleksandra’s body was found at the property they shared in Dewstow Road, Newport, on May 13, 2008.