Verdict in VII death due
- Credit: Archant
A CORONER will today (Tues) give his verdict into the death of a Weston man who suffered head injuries outside a town centre nightclub.
Joseph Williams, more commonly known as Joe, died on August 23 after suffering a bleed on the brain following an incident outside VII in princess Royal Square four days previously.
The 23-year-old was out with friends and his girlfriend, Vicky Evans, when he was expelled from the venue at about 2am.
After hitting his head on the floor outside, he was rushed to Weston General Hospital and then Frenchay Hospital, but doctors were unable to save him.
A man in his 30s was arrested by police and subsequently bailed but no charges were brought against him.
You may also want to watch:
Assistant deputy coroner Dr Peter Harrowing heard six hours of evidence yesterday (Mon) and will record his verdict at some point today.
For the full story see Thursday’s Mercury.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 8 Man charged with murder after woman dies 21 years after being set on fire
- 9 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
* Did you know Joe? Leave your tributes below or email them to email@example.com