Vicar admits voyeurism and indecent image offences
- Credit: Archant
A VICAR has pleaded guilty to multiple charges of voyeurism and making indecent images and movies of children.
The Reverend Richard Lee, who officiated at St Augustine’s Church in Locking and St Mary’s Church in Hutton, appeared at North Somerset Courthouse today (Mon).
He admitted eight charges of voyeurism against a child and a woman, and 18 charges of making indecent photographs or pseudo-photographs of children at the hearing.
The court heard there were three children he had filmed and photographed.
The 49-year-old, who is currently living at an address in Springwell View, Bodmin in Cornwall, will be sentenced at Bristol Crown Court on March 4.
You may also want to watch:
He was released on conditional bail, and must not make contact with any of his victims, not enter North Somerset other than for court hearings, have no unsupervised contact with children under 16, not attend any family church service, and must reside at the house in Bodmin.
He was suspended by the Diocese of Bath and Wells after he was initially arrested in July last year.
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 3 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 6 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 7 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 8 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 9 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 10 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
* For more on this story, pick up a copy of the Mercury on Thursday.