Video: Police quiz paedophile teacher
POLICE have today given permission for the Mercury to publish interviews they carried out with Nigel Leat following his arrest last December.
Our readers will be able to clearly see that the 51-year-old Hillside First School teacher, who will be sentenced today for abusing children in his classroom, denied allegations of sexual assault against the first victim in his first interview on December 13.
He told officers the crimes he was being accused of were ‘frankly disgusting and horrible’ and that he was ‘amazed’ at the allegations.
He then goes on to tell officers that none of the accusations were true and that his job as a teacher is to ‘look after children and nurture them’.
In a further interview on February 2 this year, long after video evidence came to light of Leat’s sickening abuse, the paedophile became unco-operative and stonewalls during interview.
You may also want to watch:
Leat is today expected to receive a substantial prison sentence for sexually assaulting students aged six to eight over a 13-year period.
He chose a number of different teaching rooms and even the staff room to abuse students and film the acts at the school.
- 1 PICTURES: Look inside Weston's Revo Kitchen
- 2 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 3 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 4 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 5 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 6 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Scores enjoy village scarecrow trail based on TV characters
- 9 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 10 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
* For more on this story click on the link at the top of the page.