Village sex offender jailed
A PENSIONER has been jailed for 15 years after being found guilty of a variety of sexual offences against young boys.
David Woodruff, of Elm Tree Road, Locking, was sentenced at Bristol Crown Court after being convicted of nine separate offences last year.
The charges against the 67-year-old included one of rape, two indecent assaults and indecency on one 11-year-old boy, and rape, three indecent assaults and indecency with another boy between the ages of seven and nine.
The offences occurred in Bristol, and the catalogue of abuse went undetected until one of his victims spoke up.
Although he denied the charges, a jury at the crown court found him guilty in December. A judge them passed sentence on him on February 8.
You may also want to watch:
Woodruff has also had to sign the sex offenders’ register, and has been banned from working with children for life.
Reacting to the sentencing, Detective Inspector Mike Buck said Woodruff had: “targeted vulnerable people hoping that they would never speak out.
- 1 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 2 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 3 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 4 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 5 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 6 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 7 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 8 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 9 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 10 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
“The bravery the victims have shown has secure the sentence and I hope it brings them comfort.
“I would like to add that we take any allegation of rape and sexual assault seriously and will fully investigate and bring offenders to justice. I would urge all victims both historical and present to come forward if they have suffered abuse and report it to us.”
Victims can call the police in 999 or 101.