WATCH: Dazed murderer’s arrest video released after life sentence verdict
- Credit: Archant
A ‘callous’ man who brutally murdered his girlfriend, stabbing her 39 times, has been handed a life sentence.
Owen Pellow, aged 43, will spend a minimum of 17 years behind bars after killing 36-year-old Lisa-Marie Thornton at their Berrow Road home in Burnham-On-Sea last November.
He claimed Ms Thornton stabbed herself, but a jury took less than three hours to find him guilty of murder.
The court saw footage of Pellow being arrested by Avon and Somerset Constabulary officers on November 23, which has been released to the Mercury.
Pellow appeared dazed and confused as officers removed him from the couple’s home before claiming ‘she’s done herself in, she’s tried killing herself’ and ‘she’s my love’.
You may also want to watch:
He later pleaded with officers not to arrest him, saying ‘I was supposed to be going to get some baccy’.
Ms Thornton leaves behind three daughters, who spoke after Pellow was jailed.
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 3 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 6 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 7 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 8 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 9 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 10 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
One said: “I won’t have my mum to help prepare me for prom, she won’t be able to see me at my wedding and her grandchildren won’t ever know who she was.
“I can’t understand how someone could be so callous to take such innocent life wrongly away from them and their family.”
Ms Thornton’s mother told of her ‘broken heart’, adding: “I’m crying most days and just can’t believe she’s gone.”
For the full story, pick up a copy of the Mercury tomorrow (Thursday).