Man charged with possessing air weapons, knuckleduster and zombie knives
- Credit: Archant
A 57-year-old man has appeared at court charged with multiple weapons offences, including possessing three zombie knives.
Kevin Monaghan, of Wedmore, appeared at North Somerset Magistrates’ Court on Monday morning charged with two counts of possessing a prohibited weapon – a self-contained gas cartridge air weapon and four counts of possessing an offensive weapon in a private place, three zombie knives and a knuckleduster.
It followed his arrest from a shop in Weston on September 4 from which a number of weapons were also seized.
It is the first time Avon and Somerset police has charged someone with possessing an offensive weapon in a private place since the Offensive Weapons Act came into effect in July.
Monaghan was remanded in custody pending an appearance at Bristol Crown Court on September 24.
A 33-year-old man from Bradley Stoke who was also arrested in connection with the police's inquiry on suspicion of allowing a premises to be used for the sale of class A drugs has been released under investigation to allow further enquiries to take place.
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 5 Bake Off stars to host afternoon tea in North Somerset this weekend
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 8 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 9 Hospitality Day 2021: Weston micropub thriving once again following reopening
- 10 Children encouraged to take up Covid jab