Elderly woman assaulted in her home by man pretending to deliver parcel
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Police are appealing for information after a woman in her 60s was taken to hospital with head injuries following an aggravated burglary in Weston.
After posing as a delivery man, the offender forced his way into the resident's home, on Hambledon Road, before assaulting her and leaving on foot.
The incident took place at around 5pm yesterday evening (Wednesday).
The woman is expected to make a full recovery, but has been left 'extremely shaken' by the incident.
The offender is described as being of skinny build, over six-feet tall and with an Asian accent.
He was wearing a black hooded jacket, black tracksuit bottoms, black trainers, and was wearing a balaclava along with a black woolly hat.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call Avon and Somerset Constabulary on 101 and quote the reference number 5220282036
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 5 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
- 6 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 7 Teenager charged with Weston town centre murder
- 8 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 9 Retailers react as shops reopen to customers again
- 10 Inadequate care home responds