Elderly woman assaulted in her home by man pretending to deliver parcel
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Police are appealing for information after a woman in her 60s was taken to hospital with head injuries following an aggravated burglary in Weston.
After posing as a delivery man, the offender forced his way into the resident's home, on Hambledon Road, before assaulting her and leaving on foot.
The incident took place at around 5pm yesterday evening (Wednesday).
The woman is expected to make a full recovery, but has been left 'extremely shaken' by the incident.
The offender is described as being of skinny build, over six-feet tall and with an Asian accent.
He was wearing a black hooded jacket, black tracksuit bottoms, black trainers, and was wearing a balaclava along with a black woolly hat.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call Avon and Somerset Constabulary on 101 and quote the reference number 5220282036
- 1 CNM Estates purchase Birnbeck Pier with new company
- 2 Thatchers search online for cidermakers
- 3 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 4 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 5 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 6 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 7 Worle opticians wins award
- 8 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 9 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 10 Dog falls off side of Brean Down