'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating a report of criminal damage after a caravan fire in Weston.
Officers were called out to the blaze in St Austell Road at 7.15pm last night (Thursday) after neighbours reported hearing an explosion.
The caravan was damaged in the blaze, which is being treated as suspicious.
A police spokesman said: “Enquiries are ongoing following a report of criminal damage in St Austell Road, Weston-super-Mare last night.
“A caravan was damaged in a fire at approximately 7.15pm. Firefighters and police attended the scene and the incident is being treated as suspicious at this time.
“Officers are continuing to carry out house-to-house and CCTV enquiries as part of the investigation.
“Any witnesses or anyone who saw someone acting suspiciously in the area are asked to contact the police online or on 101, giving reference number 5220261595.”
- 1 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 2 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 3 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 4 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 5 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 6 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 9 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3