'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating a report of criminal damage after a caravan fire in Weston.
Officers were called out to the blaze in St Austell Road at 7.15pm last night (Thursday) after neighbours reported hearing an explosion.
The caravan was damaged in the blaze, which is being treated as suspicious.
A police spokesman said: “Enquiries are ongoing following a report of criminal damage in St Austell Road, Weston-super-Mare last night.
“A caravan was damaged in a fire at approximately 7.15pm. Firefighters and police attended the scene and the incident is being treated as suspicious at this time.
“Officers are continuing to carry out house-to-house and CCTV enquiries as part of the investigation.
“Any witnesses or anyone who saw someone acting suspiciously in the area are asked to contact the police online or on 101, giving reference number 5220261595.”
- 1 CNM Estates purchase Birnbeck Pier with new company
- 2 Thatchers search online for cidermakers
- 3 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 4 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 5 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 6 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 7 Worle opticians wins award
- 8 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 9 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 10 Dog falls off side of Brean Down