Bank holiday vandalism closes Grove Park toilets
- Credit: Archant
Public toilets at a popular Weston park will be closed 'until further notice' after vandals caused damage.
Weston Town Council, which runs the Grove Park toilets, said the nearest alternative toilets which will be open to the public are in the Sovereign Centre."
A town council spokesman said: "Over the bank holiday weekend, Grove Park public toilets were vandalised.
"Cleaners found both toilet basins and the sinks in all three cubicles had been deliberately blocked.
"It is currently unclear the full extent of the damage as this could mean that drain pipes, as well as sinks and toilets, would need to be replaced. Weston Town Council is talking to drain experts on what to do to resolve this situation.
"We regret that the public toilets will be closed until further notice. The nearest alternative toilets are in the Sovereign Centre."
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 6 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 7 Somerset votes for two unitaries instead of one by clear margin in poll
- 8 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 9 Tuk-tuks to provide tourist information service in Weston
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced