Weston man admits to assaulting partner
- Credit: Archant
A 68-year-old Weston-super-Mare man admitted to assaulting his partner at a hearing at North Somerset Courthouse on Friday.
William Stagg, of Redcomb Close, confessed to common assault during an argument with his partner on June 2.
Lucy Coleman, prosecuting, told the court an off-duty police officer saw Stagg grab the woman by the back of the neck and pull her head back, and grab her arm to pull her towards him.
The officer called the police and Stagg was arrested.
Ms Coleman said: “The defendant says the relationship is loving and meaningful for the most part, but he does lose his temper and get angry from time to time.”
You may also want to watch:
Charles Nelson, defending, said Stagg is seeking medical help, and said: “He is 68 years old and it is only in the past year he has been before the court. He is normally a man of outstanding character and he is doing his best to address the issues.”
Stagg has committed two similar offences in the past 12 months. He was ordered to carry out a 42-day programme on ‘building better relationships’ and to pay a victim surcharge of £60 and £85 in court costs.
- 1 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 2 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 3 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 4 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 5 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 6 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 7 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 8 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 9 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 10 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston