Weston man admits to possessing indecent images
- Credit: Archant
A Weston-super-Mare man has admitted to possessing more than 150 indecent images of children.
Steven Allen, of Arundell Road, pleaded guilty to three charges of making indecent images, ranging from categories A to C, which included 43 moving images in the most severe category.
North Somerset Courthouse was told on March 27 Allen, aged 59, downloaded child pornography between December 2017 and April 2018.
Avon and Somerset Constabulary received intelligence Allen’s computer had indecent images, prompting their officers to conduct a search of his home.
They seized his computer, which contained videos of babies and toddlers being sexually assaulted and also indecent images of prepubescent children.
You may also want to watch:
The court was told Allen has no previous convictions and there was no suggestion he intended to share or distribute the content.
He is due to be sentenced by a judge at Bristol Crown Court on May 8.
- 1 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 2 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 3 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 4 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 5 Weston hospital doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 8 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 9 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery