Weston-super-Mare man killed by an electric shock while tending to cannabis crop
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A 28-year-old man from Weston-super-Mare died of an electric shock when using wire cutters to tend to a cannabis crop in the loft of a property he was renovating.
Callum Toman died on August 2 last year in the loft of a house in Sandford Road in Weston.
An illegal electric power connection had been made and he was using it to grow marijuana.
An inquest into his death was held at Flax Bourton Coroners Court on January 24 and coroner Myfanwy Buckeridge recorded a verdict of accidental death by electrocution.
Her conclusion said: “Callum Toman, who was growing cannabis in the loft of a property he was renovating, died at 11.45am on August 2.
You may also want to watch:
“An illegal electric power connection had been made. He died due to electrocution.”
- 1 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 2 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 3 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 4 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 5 Weston hospital doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 8 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 9 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 10 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant