Pensioner spared jail after being found with indecent pictures of children
- Credit: Google Maps
A 63-year-old man who used an online chat to share indecent pictures of children has been spared jail.
William Noble, of Chapel Allerton, was sentenced at Taunton Magistrates Court on September 20 after admitting three counts of making indecent photographs of a child and one of having indecent images of a child.
Police had received information of someone who, using the name KINDGIRL, took part in an internet chatroom where users share photographic and video material of child abuse.
KINDGIRL, who police tracked to Noble’s address, accessed the chatroom between December 2015 and May 2016 and had spoken of an interest in children and their sexual abuse.
He was handed a six-month suspended sentence and was ordered to pay £200 in costs.
You may also want to watch:
The Apple Macbook where the photos were found was ordered to be forfeited and destroyed. Noble, of Front Street, has also received a Sexual Harm Prevention Order to last five years.
- 1 PICTURES: Look inside Weston's Revo Kitchen
- 2 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 3 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 4 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 5 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 6 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Scores enjoy village scarecrow trail based on TV characters
- 9 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 10 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation