Woman avoids prison following ‘harrowing’ harassment ordeal
- Credit: Archant
A Weston-super-Mare mother, who stalked three members of the same family after her relationship broke down, has this week been spared jail.
Alexandra Fry, aged 40, bombarded her ex-partner Michael Evans, his new partner Kayleigh Gyde and his mother Lorraine Evans with emails, phone calls and social media messages from August 2015 to April 2016, after her relationship with Mr Evans ended.
North Somerset Courthouse was told on Tuesday how Fry, of Badgers Way, sent one text message to Mr Evans saying their severely disabled daughter had died – but this turned out to be a lie.
Magistrates heard Fry began her harassment as she believed Evans was a ‘con man’ and had cheated on her during their relationship.
The court also heard that Mr Evans had been violent towards Fry during their relationship and she had a restraining order taken out against him previously.
You may also want to watch:
Magistrates were also told by Fry’s defence that Fry showed remorse for her behaviour and had struggled to cope with the breakdown of the relationship.
Fry pleaded guilty to three charges of stalking involving serious alarm or distress at a hearing on July 1.
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 6 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 7 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 8 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 9 Special school expansion progress
- 10 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
Magistrates then on Tuesday sentenced her to 24 weeks imprisonment, suspended for two years, ordered her to complete a 25-day rehabilitation activity and referred her to community mental health services.
She was also given three restraining orders, meaning she cannot contact Mr Evans, Ms Evans or Ms Gyde for two years.
* For the full story pick up a copy of today’s Mercury.