Crowds flock to see birds of prey at open day
- Credit: Archant
A big crowd flocked to the North Somerset Birds Of Prey Centre at the weekend, despite some inclement weather.
The event was one of six open days the Congresbury centre holds throughout the year. It included a flight show, where a range of birds thrilled visitors.
Spokesman for the centre, Leanne Ball, said: “It was a really good day, even though it rained.
“We still managed to get our flight show on and we had lots of families come and join us.
“We don’t receive any Government funding so its very important these open days are a success.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a very good turnout and people braved the weather so we are all pretty happy.”
- 1 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 2 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 3 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 4 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 5 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 6 Mike begins monumental challenge for Weston-super-Mare causes
- 7 Mother launches fundraising challenge as she battles cancer
- 8 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 9 North Somerset Council launches local test and trace service
- 10 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people