PHOTOS: VW enthusiasts raise more than £1,000 for worthy cause in Weston
- Credit: Archant
Volkswagen enthusiasts shrugged off the changeable weather on Sunday to enjoy an annual charity event in Weston.
Cruise To The Prom was held at the Beach Lawns on Saturday, with more than 450 VWs on show as hundreds of pounds were raised for a life-saving organisation.
A huge range of cars and vans were on show, as the group cruised en masse from Sanders Garden Centre in Burnham to Weston's seafront.
The event has been running for more than a decade, collecting thousands of pounds for good causes.
Weston RNLI was chosen as the event's charity this year, and the organisation benefitted to the tune of £1,311.
You may also want to watch:
Each year, the organisers award the Spirit of Clive award in memory of Clive Allen - who was instrumental in the event's early years - and on Sunday that prize was handed to Joe Chadney.
He received it from last year's winner Jason Swan.
- 1 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 4 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 5 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 6 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 7 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 8 Weston Rotary Club celebrate 100 years
- 9 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 10 Live music returns to village this weekend