PHOTOS: VW enthusiasts raise more than £1,000 for worthy cause in Weston
- Credit: Archant
Volkswagen enthusiasts shrugged off the changeable weather on Sunday to enjoy an annual charity event in Weston.
Cruise To The Prom was held at the Beach Lawns on Saturday, with more than 450 VWs on show as hundreds of pounds were raised for a life-saving organisation.
A huge range of cars and vans were on show, as the group cruised en masse from Sanders Garden Centre in Burnham to Weston's seafront.
The event has been running for more than a decade, collecting thousands of pounds for good causes.
Weston RNLI was chosen as the event's charity this year, and the organisation benefitted to the tune of £1,311.
Each year, the organisers award the Spirit of Clive award in memory of Clive Allen - who was instrumental in the event's early years - and on Sunday that prize was handed to Joe Chadney.
He received it from last year's winner Jason Swan.
- 1 Council urges North Somerset to follow Omicron rules
- 2 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 3 Castle Batch monument uncovered
- 4 7 rescue pets looking for forever homes this Christmas in Somerset
- 5 Business park to off-set carbon emissions
- 6 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Somerset?
- 7 A370 to close this evening for first of 10 nights of roadworks
- 8 Christmas lights switch-on and festivities announced for Weston
- 9 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 10 Sovereign Centre boss crowned manager of the year