PHOTOS: VW enthusiasts raise more than £1,000 for worthy cause in Weston
- Credit: Archant
Volkswagen enthusiasts shrugged off the changeable weather on Sunday to enjoy an annual charity event in Weston.
Cruise To The Prom was held at the Beach Lawns on Saturday, with more than 450 VWs on show as hundreds of pounds were raised for a life-saving organisation.
A huge range of cars and vans were on show, as the group cruised en masse from Sanders Garden Centre in Burnham to Weston's seafront.
The event has been running for more than a decade, collecting thousands of pounds for good causes.
Weston RNLI was chosen as the event's charity this year, and the organisation benefitted to the tune of £1,311.
You may also want to watch:
Each year, the organisers award the Spirit of Clive award in memory of Clive Allen - who was instrumental in the event's early years - and on Sunday that prize was handed to Joe Chadney.
He received it from last year's winner Jason Swan.
- 1 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 2 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 3 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 How to order free Covid home tests
- 7 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 8 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 9 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 10 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree