Parish council to debate 170-home housing application
- Credit: Archant
The merits of a housing estate, which would see almost 200 homes built on the edge of Yatton, will be discussed next week.
Basic planning permission for 170 homes to the east of the Arnolds Way roundabout was secured several years ago, but a more detailed scheme needs North Somerset Council's approval before work can begin.
A larger roundabout with a road into the development is planned.
Curo Housing Ltd is behind the scheme, which will sit just yards away from Bloor Homes' own housing estate which includes more than 200 homes.
The plans submitted last month show how Curo envisages the layout of its new housing development, including areas of green space.
Yatton Parish Council will discuss the application on Monday.
Its planning committee will meet at 7.30pm at Hangstones Pavilion, in Stowey Road, to make a recommendation to North Somerset Council.
- 1 Man killed after falling from bridge on M5
- 2 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 3 Police oppose 2am licence for new bar in Weston over links to criminals
- 4 Burglars target 24 properties in North Somerset area
- 5 Ultimate obstacle course coming to Weston
- 6 PICTURES: More details of Weston's See Monster revealed
- 7 Thatchers is looking for new recruits to join cider business
- 8 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 9 Somerset MP defends PM attending Downing Street 'party' after 'busy day'
- 10 Martin Kemp to play 1980s tunes in Weston this weekend