Parish council to debate 170-home housing application
- Credit: Archant
The merits of a housing estate, which would see almost 200 homes built on the edge of Yatton, will be discussed next week.
Basic planning permission for 170 homes to the east of the Arnolds Way roundabout was secured several years ago, but a more detailed scheme needs North Somerset Council's approval before work can begin.
A larger roundabout with a road into the development is planned.
Curo Housing Ltd is behind the scheme, which will sit just yards away from Bloor Homes' own housing estate which includes more than 200 homes.
The plans submitted last month show how Curo envisages the layout of its new housing development, including areas of green space.
You may also want to watch:
Yatton Parish Council will discuss the application on Monday.
Its planning committee will meet at 7.30pm at Hangstones Pavilion, in Stowey Road, to make a recommendation to North Somerset Council.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 3 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 9 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 10 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic