Parish council to debate 170-home housing application
- Credit: Archant
The merits of a housing estate, which would see almost 200 homes built on the edge of Yatton, will be discussed next week.
Basic planning permission for 170 homes to the east of the Arnolds Way roundabout was secured several years ago, but a more detailed scheme needs North Somerset Council's approval before work can begin.
A larger roundabout with a road into the development is planned.
Curo Housing Ltd is behind the scheme, which will sit just yards away from Bloor Homes' own housing estate which includes more than 200 homes.
The plans submitted last month show how Curo envisages the layout of its new housing development, including areas of green space.
You may also want to watch:
Yatton Parish Council will discuss the application on Monday.
Its planning committee will meet at 7.30pm at Hangstones Pavilion, in Stowey Road, to make a recommendation to North Somerset Council.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 7 Village enjoys returning horticultural show
- 8 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 9 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse