WIN: Tickets to Homegrown Shorts film festival at the Curzon
- Credit: Archant
A film festival featuring a selection of Somerset’s finest filmmaking talent will take place in Clevedon this month.
Homegrown Shorts will be screened at the Curzon Cinema, in Old Church Road, on March 11 at 7.30pm.
Join us for the Curzon's very own film festival featuring a selection of short films from a selection of the West Country's filmmaking talent.
Featuring films shot in, inspired by or made by filmmakers from the South West, Homegrown Shorts is an opportunity for aspiring filmmakers to reach an audience, and for the Somerset community to support the next generation of cinematic voices.
The evening is a wonderful chance to see what is on offer and meet with the filmmakers themselves.
You may also want to watch:
Among the offerings is the latest short film from Mark Jenkin, director of 2019's BAFTA-nominated sleeper hit Bait.
Hard, Cracked The Wind continues Jenkin's signature and engrossing style.
- 1 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 2 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 3 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 4 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 5 PICTURES: Village Flower Show returns after Covid hiatus
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 8 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 9 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster
Shot on a black-and-white 16mm camera, the film is a dark drama of poetry and the power of voices from beyond the grave.
A young Cornish poet is compelled to buy an old writing case, curiously engraved with her own initials.
Opening the case and reading the faint traces of a poem on the paper within calls the previous owner back from the shadows.
Tickets, priced £5, are available at www.curzon.org.uk on 01275 871000.
The Times has teamed up with the Curzon to offer one lucky reader a pair of tickets.
To be in with a chance of winning, simply answer the question below before the competition deadline of 10am on Monday.
Alternatively, send your answer along with your name, phone number, address and email address, to Homegrown Shorts competition, North Somerset Times, 32 Waterloo Street, Weston, BS23 1LW.
Usual competition rules apply and the editor's decision is final.
By entering this draw, you are agreeing to be contacted by Archant and the cinema.
Curzon staff and volunteers are not eligible to enter.