Cyclist dies after collision with car
- Credit: Archant
A female cyclist has died following a collision with a car in Somerset.
The collision took place in the B3139 between Blackford and Mark last night (Thursday).
Police were called to the scene at around 6.25pm alongside paramedics and the air ambulance service. A road closure was put in place to investigate the collision.
The cyclist was pronounced dead at the scene and her family has been informed.
A police spokesperson said: “We were called to a collision involving a car and a cyclist yesterday evening between Mark and Blackford at approximately 6.25pm.
You may also want to watch:
“Police, paramedics and the air ambulance service attended the scene and a road closure was put in place to facilitate a collision investigation.
“Sadly the female cyclist was pronounced dead at the scene. Her family have been informed.”
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 6 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 10 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer