Cyclist dies after collision with car
- Credit: Archant
A female cyclist has died following a collision with a car in Somerset.
The collision took place in the B3139 between Blackford and Mark last night (Thursday).
Police were called to the scene at around 6.25pm alongside paramedics and the air ambulance service. A road closure was put in place to investigate the collision.
The cyclist was pronounced dead at the scene and her family has been informed.
A police spokesperson said: “We were called to a collision involving a car and a cyclist yesterday evening between Mark and Blackford at approximately 6.25pm.
You may also want to watch:
“Police, paramedics and the air ambulance service attended the scene and a road closure was put in place to facilitate a collision investigation.
“Sadly the female cyclist was pronounced dead at the scene. Her family have been informed.”
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 4 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 5 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 6 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 7 Fruit and veg shop to continue running delivery service for Christmas
- 8 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 9 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3