Cyclist dies after collision with car
- Credit: Archant
A female cyclist has died following a collision with a car in Somerset.
The collision took place in the B3139 between Blackford and Mark last night (Thursday).
Police were called to the scene at around 6.25pm alongside paramedics and the air ambulance service. A road closure was put in place to investigate the collision.
The cyclist was pronounced dead at the scene and her family has been informed.
A police spokesperson said: “We were called to a collision involving a car and a cyclist yesterday evening between Mark and Blackford at approximately 6.25pm.
You may also want to watch:
“Police, paramedics and the air ambulance service attended the scene and a road closure was put in place to facilitate a collision investigation.
“Sadly the female cyclist was pronounced dead at the scene. Her family have been informed.”
- 1 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 2 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 3 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 4 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 5 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
- 6 Council rejected for grant to preserve Iron Age monument
- 7 Wheelchair Rugby Gold medallist surprises Weston pupils
- 8 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 9 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
- 10 Man jailed for knife possession offence