Cyclist injured in collision with Land Rover
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist has been injured after a collision with a Land Rover Discovery in a narrow country lane.
Police are now appealing for witnesses and motorists with dashcam footage of the incident to come forward, which took place between Charterhouse and Mendip Raceway between noon and 12.30pm on August 2.
After the collision, the cyclist – a man in his 50s – was pushed from his bike and sustained minor injuries. He did not require hospital treatment.
The driver has been described as a man in his 60s, with white or grey hair, wearing a short-sleeved checked shirt.
Police say there were a number of vehicles in the area at the time and other motorists may have seen what happened.
You may also want to watch:
Police are asking people with information to report it at www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/report. Alternatively, call 101 and give the crime reference number 5220173426.
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 6 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple