Cyclist injured in collision with Land Rover
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist has been injured after a collision with a Land Rover Discovery in a narrow country lane.
Police are now appealing for witnesses and motorists with dashcam footage of the incident to come forward, which took place between Charterhouse and Mendip Raceway between noon and 12.30pm on August 2.
After the collision, the cyclist – a man in his 50s – was pushed from his bike and sustained minor injuries. He did not require hospital treatment.
The driver has been described as a man in his 60s, with white or grey hair, wearing a short-sleeved checked shirt.
Police say there were a number of vehicles in the area at the time and other motorists may have seen what happened.
You may also want to watch:
Police are asking people with information to report it at www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/report. Alternatively, call 101 and give the crime reference number 5220173426.
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 M5 caravan park expansion approved
- 3 Finance boss: What services should council cut for climate emergency?
- 4 Carers complete memory walk for Alzheimer's Society
- 5 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 6 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 7 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 8 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 9 Weston Beach Race returns to Weston this weekend
- 10 PICTURES: Weston Moonlight Beach Walk raises £25,000