Cyclist injured in collision with Land Rover
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist has been injured after a collision with a Land Rover Discovery in a narrow country lane.
Police are now appealing for witnesses and motorists with dashcam footage of the incident to come forward, which took place between Charterhouse and Mendip Raceway between noon and 12.30pm on August 2.
After the collision, the cyclist – a man in his 50s – was pushed from his bike and sustained minor injuries. He did not require hospital treatment.
The driver has been described as a man in his 60s, with white or grey hair, wearing a short-sleeved checked shirt.
Police say there were a number of vehicles in the area at the time and other motorists may have seen what happened.
You may also want to watch:
Police are asking people with information to report it at www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/report. Alternatively, call 101 and give the crime reference number 5220173426.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Family fundraising to create care packages for NHS nursing staff looking after their daughter
- 3 More support needed from Government for pubs to survive
- 4 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 5 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 6 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 7 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 8 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 9 Have your say on health services in Somerset
- 10 Free workshops to raise awareness of seasonal affective disorder