Police investigate crash which left cyclist ‘seriously injured’
- Credit: Lily Newton-Browne
Witnesses to a crash which saw a cyclist taken to hospital with ‘serious injuries’ are being urged to come forward by Avon and Somerset Constabulary.
Police are trying to establish what happened to leave the man in need of emergency care.
The accident between a car and a bike happened on Wednesday evening in Burnham-on-Sea.
It happened at the junction of Lave Lane and Manor Road, near the Esso petrol station, at about 6pm.
The road was partially closed while paramedics tended to the injured cyclist.
You may also want to watch:
The man, who has not been named by police publicly, is in his 50s and was taken to Southmead Hospital, in Bristol. His condition is said to be ‘stable’.
A police spokesman said: “We’re keen to hear from anyone who may have been in the area at the time of the incident who may be able to assist us with our enquiries.
“If you have any information which could help, please contact us through www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/contact, or by calling 101, quoting reference 5218248532
“Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or report it online using the following link bit.ly/1pwX4Zm quoting the above reference number.
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 3 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 4 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 7 New principal appointed at academy
- 8 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 9 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented
- 10 Banwell bypass route chosen