Woman’s handbag stolen by cyclist in Weston
- Credit: Google
A vulnerable woman’s handbag was stolen from her in Weston-super-Mare during the middle of the day over the weekend.
The woman was targeted by a man on a bike on Saturday afternoon.
An Avon and Somerset Constabulary spokesman said: "A man cycled up behind the woman, who walks with a stick.
"He grabbed her bag and rode off towards Mendip Road.
"He was black, of large build and wore a white baseball cap."
You may also want to watch:
The incident happened at between 12.40pm and 12.50pm in a lane between Locking Road and Sandford Road.
Anyone with information about the crime is asked to get in contact with police.
- 1 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 2 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 3 Award wins for Hutton In Bloom volunteer group
- 4 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 5 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 6 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 7 New principal appointed at academy
- 8 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 9 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 10 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
The spokesman added: "There may have been a second cyclist in the area at the time. We'd like to hear from that person."
Witnesses can contact the police by calling 101 and quoting reference number 5219218618.