Woman’s handbag stolen by cyclist in Weston
- Credit: Google
A vulnerable woman’s handbag was stolen from her in Weston-super-Mare during the middle of the day over the weekend.
The woman was targeted by a man on a bike on Saturday afternoon.
An Avon and Somerset Constabulary spokesman said: "A man cycled up behind the woman, who walks with a stick.
"He grabbed her bag and rode off towards Mendip Road.
"He was black, of large build and wore a white baseball cap."
The incident happened at between 12.40pm and 12.50pm in a lane between Locking Road and Sandford Road.
Anyone with information about the crime is asked to get in contact with police.
- 1 Rat-infested house used for drug dealing boarded up
- 2 Weston primary school students 'heartbroken' after vandals strike
- 3 Public urged to review sites allocated for housing in North Somerset
- 4 Teen, 16, among football fans BANNED from matches
- 5 Weston business launches recruitment drive
- 6 Weston's new mayor and deputy formally elected at council ceremony
- 7 Poetry legend Pam Ayres enjoys Weston fish and chips!
- 8 How you can keep your mobile charged at Glastonbury 2022
- 9 Lovely views from large bungalow in sought-after village
- 10 Thatchers donate apple trees in Worle for community orchard project
The spokesman added: "There may have been a second cyclist in the area at the time. We'd like to hear from that person."
Witnesses can contact the police by calling 101 and quoting reference number 5219218618.