Woman’s handbag stolen by cyclist in Weston
- Credit: Google
A vulnerable woman’s handbag was stolen from her in Weston-super-Mare during the middle of the day over the weekend.
The woman was targeted by a man on a bike on Saturday afternoon.
An Avon and Somerset Constabulary spokesman said: "A man cycled up behind the woman, who walks with a stick.
"He grabbed her bag and rode off towards Mendip Road.
"He was black, of large build and wore a white baseball cap."
You may also want to watch:
The incident happened at between 12.40pm and 12.50pm in a lane between Locking Road and Sandford Road.
Anyone with information about the crime is asked to get in contact with police.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 GP surgery plans labelled 'unacceptable' by councillors
- 3 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 4 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 5 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 6 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 7 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 8 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 9 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 10 Water Adventure Play Park switches water on again
The spokesman added: "There may have been a second cyclist in the area at the time. We'd like to hear from that person."
Witnesses can contact the police by calling 101 and quoting reference number 5219218618.