Woman’s handbag stolen by cyclist in Weston
- Credit: Google
A vulnerable woman’s handbag was stolen from her in Weston-super-Mare during the middle of the day over the weekend.
The woman was targeted by a man on a bike on Saturday afternoon.
An Avon and Somerset Constabulary spokesman said: "A man cycled up behind the woman, who walks with a stick.
"He grabbed her bag and rode off towards Mendip Road.
"He was black, of large build and wore a white baseball cap."
You may also want to watch:
The incident happened at between 12.40pm and 12.50pm in a lane between Locking Road and Sandford Road.
Anyone with information about the crime is asked to get in contact with police.
- 1 Petrol filling station and food store opens on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Armed police at Birnbeck Pier after reports of men with a gun
- 3 Police appeal for dash cam footage after serious collision near Weston
- 4 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 5 Sun shines on successful Weston food festival
- 6 'Brilliant week' for Weston after April 12 ease in restrictions
- 7 Workshops to discuss new medical centre at Weston Rugby Club
- 8 Weston Lions cancel Real Ale Festival
- 9 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 10 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
The spokesman added: "There may have been a second cyclist in the area at the time. We'd like to hear from that person."
Witnesses can contact the police by calling 101 and quoting reference number 5219218618.