Cyclist suffers head injury after A370 collision
- Credit: Lily Newton-Browne
A cyclist suffered a serious head injury after a collision with a lorry this morning.
He was taken to Southmead Hospital, in Bristol, by air ambulance.
A South Western Ambulance spokesman said: "We were called at 7.36am about a road traffic incident, reportedly involving a cyclist and a lorry, on the A370 Bridgwater Road.
"We sent an air ambulance, an operations officer and an ambulance to attend the incident.
"A male patient was conveyed by air ambulance to the nearest major trauma centre."
You may also want to watch:
An Avon and Somerset police spokesman said: "We were called to reports of a road traffic collision involving a cyclist and lorry near to the Catherine's Inn.
"The cyclist suffered a serious head injury and has been taken to Southmead Hospital
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Appeal to identify man after sexual assault
- 5 Blue plaque installed for famous actress
- 6 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 7 North Somerset mortgage firm named UK's number one broker for outstanding customer outcomes
- 8 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 9 Historic detached house near Weston town centre
- 10 Two shops opening for first time next week
"The road was initially closed for the incident and re-opened at about 9am."