Cyclist suffers head injury after A370 collision
- Credit: Lily Newton-Browne
A cyclist suffered a serious head injury after a collision with a lorry this morning.
He was taken to Southmead Hospital, in Bristol, by air ambulance.
A South Western Ambulance spokesman said: "We were called at 7.36am about a road traffic incident, reportedly involving a cyclist and a lorry, on the A370 Bridgwater Road.
"We sent an air ambulance, an operations officer and an ambulance to attend the incident.
"A male patient was conveyed by air ambulance to the nearest major trauma centre."
You may also want to watch:
An Avon and Somerset police spokesman said: "We were called to reports of a road traffic collision involving a cyclist and lorry near to the Catherine's Inn.
"The cyclist suffered a serious head injury and has been taken to Southmead Hospital
- 1 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Will garden village be revived?
- 4 How to order free Covid home tests
- 5 Flag stolen during period of national mourning
- 6 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 7 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 8 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 9 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
"The road was initially closed for the incident and re-opened at about 9am."