Cyclist suffers head injury after A370 collision
- Credit: Lily Newton-Browne
A cyclist suffered a serious head injury after a collision with a lorry this morning.
He was taken to Southmead Hospital, in Bristol, by air ambulance.
A South Western Ambulance spokesman said: "We were called at 7.36am about a road traffic incident, reportedly involving a cyclist and a lorry, on the A370 Bridgwater Road.
"We sent an air ambulance, an operations officer and an ambulance to attend the incident.
"A male patient was conveyed by air ambulance to the nearest major trauma centre."
An Avon and Somerset police spokesman said: "We were called to reports of a road traffic collision involving a cyclist and lorry near to the Catherine's Inn.
"The cyclist suffered a serious head injury and has been taken to Southmead Hospital
- 1 WATCH: Moment unlikely heroine saves the day at Weston Air Show
- 2 French court claims Jill Dando may have been 'murdered by mistake'
- 3 PICTURES: Weston Air Festival and Armed Forces Weekend 2022
- 4 Weston to celebrate Pride with style this weekend
- 5 Census 2022: North Somerset's population grows by 7pc since 2011
- 6 Police appeal after acid attack on woman in Weston
- 7 Deadline looms for charity funding bids
- 8 New coastal path linking Brean to Sand Bay opens
- 9 Fears Weston will be UK 'laughing stock' if See Monster delayed until September
- 10 Funding and inflation behind concerns over Portishead rail project
"The road was initially closed for the incident and re-opened at about 9am."