Dad's overdose an accident
A PENSIONER died of a morphine overdose by taking his dead wife's medication, an inquest heard. Ralph Mann, aged 73, of New Bristol Road
A PENSIONER died of a morphine overdose by taking his dead wife's medication, an inquest heard.Ralph Mann, aged 73, of New Bristol Road, Worle, was depressed following his wife's death, an inquest at Flax Bourton Coroner's Court was told. Giving evidence at the inquest, toxicologist Dr John Astley said: "I believe he mistakenly took the tablets to relieve his leg pain and to get a good night's sleep."The father-of-two was found dead at his home on September 6 last year. Mr Mann had three sisters. Two live in America and he was going to visit them with his other sister, who lives in Grimsby. He had not been out of the country for 50 years until he attended his granddaughter's wedding in Cyprus last year.The court heard that since his wife passed away his sons would meet him every Sunday for a roast dinner.A letter read out in court from his son, Bruce Mann, said: "I know he had enjoyed himself on the day (he died) because he telephoned his sister in Grimsby and told her."Mr Mann was a member of Clarence Park Bowling Club and regularly attended meetings at Birnbeck Masonic Lodge. Coroner Paul Forrest recorded a verdict of accidental death.