Exciting events at Weston seafront this weekend
- Credit: Zak Ghent
Weston’s seafront will be brimming with activity this weekend for a trio of events which are sure to attract a sizable crowd.
The annual dairy festival, a vegan fair and a continental street market will lure people to the town in the coming days, with a wide range of attractions sure to entertain in the summer sunshine.
The dairy festival, held at the Beach Lawns, has long been a fixture of Weston's event calendar - dating back to the 1950s.
The event will showcase North Somerset's heritage, celebrating the area's farming traditions and the best local produce. A wide range of animals will be on show too, with petting zoos, milking displays and falconry exhibitions sure to keep people entertained.
Children will also enjoy rides and bouncy castles.
You may also want to watch:
The gates open today (Friday) from 10am-5pm, and the festival will run until Sunday - with tickets priced £2.
The vegan fair returns to the Tropicana, in Marine Parade, on Sunday from 10am-4pm after an immensely successful debut year in 2018 - which saw almost 2,000 people browse a wide selection of ethically-sourced treats.
- 1 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 2 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 3 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 4 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 5 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 6 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 9 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 10 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
Stall-holders will not only serve up delicious food, but also give talks and demonstrations for new-found vegans looking for tips.
An event spokesman said: "Whether you're already vegan, want to go vegan, interested in the health benefits of plant-based living, or just want to try some of the delicious free samples and have a great day out - this is the event for you."
Tickets, priced, £2 are available on the door.
More tasty treats will be on offer at a continental street market.
The food fair is free to attend and will be held at Princess Royal Square, where a wide selection of traders will showcase flavours from across the globe.
Hot treats, fresh produce and store cupboard essentials will be on offer from today to Sunday from 10am-6pm.
The weekend kicks off a jam-packed schedule of events in Weston, with a beach rugby tournament, sci-fi convention and car show still to come in August.
For more information on the events, log on to www.n-somerset.gov.uk/news/coming-to-weston-seafront-this-august/