'Deaf and dumb' beggar targets villages
A DEAF and dumb beggar has been asking residents in Weston s outlying villages for money.
A 'DEAF and dumb' beggar has been asking residents in Weston's outlying villages for money.
Police community support officer Maggie Evans told Locking Parish Council that a man has been motioning to his mouth after ringing people's doorbells.
The man is described as white and thought to be in his early 20s, and has been spotted twice in the village. He has also been seen once in Winscombe and Banwell in the last fortnight.
Police do not believe the man is threatening but say he has caused alarm to some elderly residents and they are keen to speak to him to verify his authenticity.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who has seen the man should call police on 0845 456 7000.
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 4 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 7 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 8 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 9 Family pays tribute to founder of Jolly Dollies support network
- 10 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years