Boxer Dean Dodge looks forward to his upcoming fight with Sean Davis
- Credit: Archant
A boxer who trains in Weston will headline a show at the Well Spring Leisure Centre in Taunton next month.
Dean Dodge will take on former WBC international champion, English champion and British title challenger Sean Davis on Friday, February 21.
Doors open from 6pm, before the battle begins an hour later at 7pm.
Tickets are priced at £40 for standard seats and £60 for ringside and Dodge told the Weston Mercury he can't wait for the upcoming bout.
"This is a huge fight, I will be dropping down to super-featherweight for it," said the unbeaten Dodge.
You may also want to watch:
"This is a big step up for me, where a win will set me in title contention.
"I need all the support from everyone of my town. It's a big year for me so let's start this year with a bang.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 3 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 4 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 7 Banwell bypass route chosen
- 8 New principal appointed at academy
- 9 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 10 Man sentenced after racially abusing a woman following a collision
"I'm not here to take meaningless easy fights, I want to be in the mix with the best."
The 26-year-old Dodge thanked his sponsors Penmill Scaffolding, Paragon Cleaning Services, Camelot Builders and Tomahawk Doors Ltd, but the Yeovil-born fighter has also asked for local businesses to help aid him with his future progress.
You can follow all the latest updates on his social media, including Dean_Dodge on Twitter, Dean Dodge Boxing on Facebook and dean_dodge on Instagram.