Déjà vu over BT hold-up
PUBLISHED: 11:00 14 April 2015
A GROUP of Weston homeowners featured in the Mercury last month have been ‘frustrated’ by further BT delays in an eight-month saga which continues to leave them without phone lines.
Families began moving into their new-build homes in Mendip Road last summer hoping everything would be ready – but have been unable to access phone or internet connections due to repeated BT delays, despite the firm offering a number of dates by which the problem would be fixed.
One resident, Carl Sluggett said: “I’ve been getting absolutely nothing from them (BT).
“The engineers have been next door with no success. It’s a waste of time to even think about compensation yet, it’s just hugely frustrating.”
A spokesman for the company told the Mercury in March BT was hoping to bring the houses online by March 15, but when contacted said no progress had been made due to a need for further engineering work.
The spokesman said: “We are sorry for the further delay in providing services for these homes.
“More engineering work, including further excavations, will be needed to deal with blockages in our underground ducting before we can complete the job.
“We will liaise with the authorities in order to carry out this additional work as quickly as possible.”
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Weston Mercury. Click the link in the orange box above for details.