Hour-long delays following M5 and A370 accidents near Weston-super-Mare
- Credit: Traffic England
Two accidents have caused long delays on the M5 and A370 this afternoon (Thursday).
All lanes on the southbound motorway have been stopped following an accident between junction 20 (Clevedon) and junction 21 (Weston-super-Mare).
Delays of up to an hour are expected as far as junction 19 (Portishead) this afternoon and are thought to worsen during rush hour.
It is expected to be cleared between 6.30pm and 6.45pm with normal conditions to follow,
There is also slow traffic on the A370 in both directions by the West Wick roundabout following another accident at Summer Lane.
You may also want to watch:
The road has been closed both ways between Glastonbury Way and Rowan Place.
**UPDATE: 6.01pm** The accident on the M5 has now been moved to the hard shoulder and all lanes have been reopened.
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 5 Bake Off stars to host afternoon tea in North Somerset this weekend
- 6 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 7 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 8 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 9 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 10 Children encouraged to take up Covid jab
There is still severe delays on the motorway as far back as junction 18 (Avonmouth) as traffic returns to normal.
Travel time is estimated at an hour and 40 minutes.