Overturned car causing delays on M5
- Credit: Archant
An accident involving an overturned car on the M5 this morning (Friday) is causing delays.
There are delays of at least 60 minutes from junction 21 (Weston) to junction 22 (Burnham-on-Sea), covering several miles of the southbound carriageway up to junction 20 at Clevedon.
Lane two and three were closed, with normal traffic conditions expected to return at 10am.
The accident was first reported at 6.40am and traffic officers and emergency services were at the scene.
The lanes reopened shortly before 8.30am, with the vehicle involved having been recovered.
You may also want to watch:
Highways England has cleared up debris and oil spill and all lanes have been reopened.
Around 6.2 miles of congestion remain following this incident and people are urged to add 60 minutes onto their usual journey times this morning.
- 1 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 2 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 3 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 4 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 5 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 6 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 7 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 8 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working