Overturned car causing delays on M5
- Credit: Archant
An accident involving an overturned car on the M5 this morning (Friday) is causing delays.
There are delays of at least 60 minutes from junction 21 (Weston) to junction 22 (Burnham-on-Sea), covering several miles of the southbound carriageway up to junction 20 at Clevedon.
Lane two and three were closed, with normal traffic conditions expected to return at 10am.
The accident was first reported at 6.40am and traffic officers and emergency services were at the scene.
The lanes reopened shortly before 8.30am, with the vehicle involved having been recovered.
Highways England has cleared up debris and oil spill and all lanes have been reopened.
Around 6.2 miles of congestion remain following this incident and people are urged to add 60 minutes onto their usual journey times this morning.
- 1 Weston's bodybuilding world champion dismisses misconceptions
- 2 Weston town centre improvement works to be 'finished in weeks'
- 3 Spacious residence in exclusive Weston Hillside
- 4 Home gets illuminated with Christmas lights for charity
- 5 New community fridge opens in the Sovereign Centre
- 6 Support for people with hidden disabilities living in North Somerset
- 7 PICTURES: Winter Gardens Christmas fayre
- 8 A370 to close this evening for first of 10 nights of roadworks
- 9 Council finances given auditors' approval
- 10 Appeal after biker hospitalised in crash