Overturned car causing delays on M5
- Credit: Archant
An accident involving an overturned car on the M5 this morning (Friday) is causing delays.
There are delays of at least 60 minutes from junction 21 (Weston) to junction 22 (Burnham-on-Sea), covering several miles of the southbound carriageway up to junction 20 at Clevedon.
Lane two and three were closed, with normal traffic conditions expected to return at 10am.
The accident was first reported at 6.40am and traffic officers and emergency services were at the scene.
The lanes reopened shortly before 8.30am, with the vehicle involved having been recovered.
You may also want to watch:
Highways England has cleared up debris and oil spill and all lanes have been reopened.
Around 6.2 miles of congestion remain following this incident and people are urged to add 60 minutes onto their usual journey times this morning.
- 1 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Will garden village be revived?
- 4 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 5 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 6 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 7 How to order free Covid home tests
- 8 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 9 Flag stolen during period of national mourning
- 10 Worle man becomes South West's record blood plasma donor