Deliveroo to launch in Weston-super-Mare
- Credit: Pixabay
People will soon be available to order takeaway cuisine from a popular food delivery service which is coming to Weston.
Jobs will also be created through the company's recruitment drive for bicycle, scooter, motorbike riders and drivers in the town.
Online food delivery business Deliveroo was founded in 2013, and its customers can order meals from independent eateries, takeaways and chain-restaurants to their homes through the company's app or website.
Its UK regional director Harrison Foster said: "There has been huge demand for Deliveroo in Weston and the business is thrilled to be creating new work opportunities in the area."
People ordering food through Deliveroo can schedule orders through the app up to a day in advance or as soon as possible, which can be delivered to homes in 15 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Deliveroo will launch in Weston next month.
- 1 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 2 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 3 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 4 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 5 Wheelchair Rugby Gold medallist surprises Weston pupils
- 6 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
- 7 Council rejected for grant to preserve Iron Age monument
- 8 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
- 9 Rotary club plants thousands of flowers for charity
- 10 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant