Demolition after couple’s home exploded

PUBLISHED: 12:30 31 October 2011

gasblast.JPG

gasblast.JPG

A HOME in Brean Down Avenue, Uphill, was pulled down on the weekend after an explosion tore off the front of the house.

The retired couple of the property emerged from their home and were taken to Frenchay Hospital on Tuesday, after the incident occurred at 7.45pm.

It is thought the explosion was caused by a portable gas butane heater. The retired man and woman, believed to be in their 60s, walked away with minor injuries

These pictures were submitted by Mercury reader Neil Taylor. If you spot a breaking news story, email your pictures to newsdesk@westonmercury.co.uk


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Weston Mercury. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Weston Mercury