Design it like Beckham
A FORMER Priory Community School student has just returned from a fashion assignment in New York where the firm she was working for was used by Victoria Beckham.
Beth Clibbett, aged 21, worked for the Big Apple’s Margarita Saplala for several months.
She managed the social media marketing, researched press opportunities to increase brand visibility, created press and sales packages and helped with graphic design packages.
Margarita Saplala is a fashion firm that provides clothes for high-profile clients.
Fashion creator Victoria Beckham, aka Posh Spice, recently wore one of Saplala’s dresses and followed up with a hand-written thank you note.
You may also want to watch:
Beth also studied at New York University to gain academic credit for her degree in business.
Beth said: “New York was amazing. My best memory has to be celebrating July 4 in style at a roof top party in Brooklyn with the view of Manhattan skyline.
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 5 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 10 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
“I loved my time at Priory in Worle and teachers helped inspired me.
“The school was the basis of what I’m doing today.
“I am now looking for an opportunity to progress my career, develop as a professional and achieve my full potential.”