House developer gets green light for next phase of homes
- Credit: Archant
A housing developer has been given the green light for a phase of homes in Locking Parklands.
The phase by St Modwen Homes includes 27 homes at the former RAF Locking site.
It will comprise of one and two-bedroom apartments as well as three and four-bedroom homes, including nine affordable properties.
Once the site has been completed, it will provide the community with a retail space, a library and a school within walking distance.
Dave Smith, managing director at St Modwen Homes, said: "Locking is a lovely area that has a wonderful community spirit.
"The area is thriving and it really is a place where people aspire to live and build a future.
"We hope that these new homes will bring even more life and character to the development."
- 1 'We want it back' - calls grow for return of Weston's miniature railway
- 2 Developer reveals plans for 58 new homes on brownfield site
- 3 £100,000 supercar clocked at 142mph on M5 in Somerset
- 4 Police take action against middle-lane 'hogger' on M5
- 5 Man killed after falling from bridge on M5
- 6 Plan for Weston bar scuppered as licence refused
- 7 How romance fraud lost a Weston man his £150,000 life savings
- 8 Temperatures in Somerset drop to -6C - but what about the weekend?
- 9 Weston and Burnham schools could feature in new academies trust
- 10 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
A total of 1,450 homes are earmarked for the village.
For further information about the site, visit www.stmodwenhomes.co.uk