‘Severe’ fire in first-floor flat
- Credit: Google Maps
Three crews were called to deal with a ‘severe’ flat fire.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service was given a 999 call yesterday afternoon (Wednesday) after a blaze broke out in a first-floor flat in The Esplanade, in Burnham-on-Sea.
Its spokesman said teams from different fire stations were mobilised to the scene.
They said: "Two fire appliances from Burnham and one from Bridgwater attended a fire in a first-floor flat of a property.
"The fire was located in the kitchen, and crews entered the building wearing breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet.
"Crews put the fire out, and used a thermal imaging camera to check for hot spots.
"A positive pressure fan was then used to clear the property of smoke logging.
- 1 WATCH: Moment unlikely heroine saves the day at Weston Air Show
- 2 PICTURES: Weston Air Festival and Armed Forces Weekend 2022
- 3 Police appeal after acid attack on woman in Weston
- 4 Fears Weston will be UK 'laughing stock' if See Monster delayed until September
- 5 Masonic lodge donates to Weston's RNLI
- 6 Councillor heralds Marine Lake revamp a 'huge success'
- 7 IN THE DOCK: Man fined FOUR TIMES for speeding in six weeks
- 8 New coastal path linking Brean to Sand Bay opens
- 9 Residents slam developer's "wanton vandalism" destroying Medieval landmark
- 10 Tribute show planned after popular Weston musician passes away
"The flat sustained severe fire, heat and smoke damage, and also smoke damage to neighbouring flats.
"Crews confirmed the fire was caused accidentally."