‘Severe’ fire in first-floor flat
- Credit: Google Maps
Three crews were called to deal with a ‘severe’ flat fire.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service was given a 999 call yesterday afternoon (Wednesday) after a blaze broke out in a first-floor flat in The Esplanade, in Burnham-on-Sea.
Its spokesman said teams from different fire stations were mobilised to the scene.
They said: "Two fire appliances from Burnham and one from Bridgwater attended a fire in a first-floor flat of a property.
"The fire was located in the kitchen, and crews entered the building wearing breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet.
You may also want to watch:
"Crews put the fire out, and used a thermal imaging camera to check for hot spots.
"A positive pressure fan was then used to clear the property of smoke logging.
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 4 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 5 Will garden village be revived?
- 6 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 7 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 8 Worle man becomes South West's record blood plasma donor
- 9 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 10 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
"The flat sustained severe fire, heat and smoke damage, and also smoke damage to neighbouring flats.
"Crews confirmed the fire was caused accidentally."