Car catches fire after hitting lamp post
- Credit: Archant
A car caught fire after hitting a lamp post last night (Thursday).
Two Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue crews from Burnham-on-Sea were called after the collision in Highbridge Road, Burnham, just before 8pm.
The passengers had already got out of the car and police were on the scene.
Crews put out the fire using compressed air foam and one hose reel jet.
The vehicle was destroyed, and the cause of the fire was deemed an accident.
You may also want to watch:
Duty of care was left with officers from Avon and Somerset Constabulary which had cordoned off the area.
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 3 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 4 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 5 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 6 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 7 New principal appointed at academy
- 8 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 9 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented
- 10 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre