Car catches fire after hitting lamp post
- Credit: Archant
A car caught fire after hitting a lamp post last night (Thursday).
Two Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue crews from Burnham-on-Sea were called after the collision in Highbridge Road, Burnham, just before 8pm.
The passengers had already got out of the car and police were on the scene.
Crews put out the fire using compressed air foam and one hose reel jet.
The vehicle was destroyed, and the cause of the fire was deemed an accident.
You may also want to watch:
Duty of care was left with officers from Avon and Somerset Constabulary which had cordoned off the area.
- 1 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 4 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 5 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 6 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 7 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 8 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset