Car catches fire after hitting lamp post
- Credit: Archant
A car caught fire after hitting a lamp post last night (Thursday).
Two Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue crews from Burnham-on-Sea were called after the collision in Highbridge Road, Burnham, just before 8pm.
The passengers had already got out of the car and police were on the scene.
Crews put out the fire using compressed air foam and one hose reel jet.
The vehicle was destroyed, and the cause of the fire was deemed an accident.
You may also want to watch:
Duty of care was left with officers from Avon and Somerset Constabulary which had cordoned off the area.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 3 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 9 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
- 10 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic