Dickensian Fair attracts large crowd to village
- Credit: Archant
Wrington’s annual Dickensian Fair drew a large crowd to the village on Friday evening.
The Christmas event is always one of the most popular events in the village calendar and 2017 proved to be no exception.
Beautifully decorated market stalls were open which allowed visitors to pick up Christmas gifts, and Yeo Moor Explorer Scouts sold sweet treats to raise funds for a trip to Switzerland.
The hot food stands unsurprisingly did a roaring trade too on what was a chilly night.
There were some excellent entertainment performances put on as well, with pupils from Wrington Primary School providing a festive musical backdrop to proceedings.
You may also want to watch:
A few people dressed up in Victorian clothes as well to add an extra dimension to the festivities.
- 1 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 2 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 3 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 4 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 5 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Blue plaque installed for famous actress
- 8 Customers urged to support local pubs, restaurants and cafes to boost hospitality sector
- 9 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 10 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to