'That sinking feeling!' - Weston reacts to digger stuck on its beach
- Credit: Archant
A large digger which became stuck on Weston beach was flooded by the incoming tide overnight as North Somerset Council continues its recovery mission.
Readers sent in pictures of the digger, belonging to contractor MJ Church, after it was brought in to remove a truck which had also become stuck in quicksand early yesterday.
MJ Church confirmed that the truck was at the beach as part of an earthmoving team that were carrying out sand reprofiling works.
The contractor said: "Two vehicles moving sand on the beach got stuck - the larger vehicle was successfully recovered but the other one could not be retrieved before last night’s high tide."
North Somerset Council confirmed it is continuing attempts to retrieve the excavator.
A spokesman said: "Our ongoing recovery operation is being managed around the tides after a digger became stuck in the sand yesterday afternoon."
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 3 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 4 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 5 New principal appointed at academy
- 6 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 7 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 8 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 9 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 10 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'