Dismal weather closes Banksy’s Weston-super-Mare show
- Credit: Archant
Banksy’s Dismaland show at Weston-super-Mare’s Tropicana has been forced to close due to ‘adverse weather conditions’.
Heavy rain and high winds have battered the seafront today (Monday) and Weston Seafront tweeted to say Dismaland had temporarily closed.
A spokesman from North Somerset Council said: “It’s unfortunate but if the weather dictates that it needs to be shut then that’s the decision the organisers have to take.
“It’s still a magnificent attraction whatever the weather.”
A tweet from the council says any afternoon tickets for today will be allowed in tonight, but no one without tickets will be allowed to queue to gain entry.
Tickets for today’s afternoon session will also be valid for any other day, excluding Friday and Saturday evenings.
You may also want to watch:
The park is due to open at 6pm tonight if the winds die down.
Can’t make it to the exhibition? See our gallery from inside Dismaland here.
- 1 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 2 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 10 'Bright future' for Weston high street