Dean Dodge remains undefeated after victory over Stu Greener
- Credit: Archant
Unbeaten Dean Dodge continued his rise to success with a points victory over Stu Greener.
It was Dodge's first bout in eight months and lasted the whole four rounds before he won 39-37.
Having moved over from Yeovil to train at the Warrior Gym in Weston under the coaching of Dean Lewis, Dodge made it nine bouts without defeat and was full of praise for Greener.
"Respect to my opponent, because he took some slashing hooks to the body and head," he said.
"Nevertheless I grinded out another win and gave a good performance for everyone watching."
You may also want to watch:
Dodge was also grateful for the support he has received from fans and sponsors and is looking forward to 2020.
"I want to thank all the supporters who travelled down and once again Penmill Scaffolding, Camelot Builders, Paragon Cleaning Services and Tomahawk Doors LTD," he added. "I look forward to being back in action in the new year, looking to get out in a six-rounder and then seek a title shot."
- 1 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Will garden village be revived?
- 4 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Flag stolen during period of national mourning
- 7 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 8 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 9 Worle man becomes South West's record blood plasma donor
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple